Sunday, February 23, 2014

50 Shades of Grey

This post won't be nearly as spicy as the title :)

I don't know if many of you remember how many grey paint tests I went through when painting the house, but the timing lesson was learned, and I decided to get a jump on the paint color earlier this time. Having done the house makes it easier – because it only makes sense for the garage to be either 1) the house color, or 2) the trim color. (There are a couple of caveats – such as the kind of paint that has to be used on corrugated metal is a special blend, so I won't be able to fully match the Ben Moore paint on the house and will have to custom mix to get as close as possible BUT regardless, it's light, or dark.)

To help make this decision, below is a very quick exercise in Adobe Ilustrator without the proper dimensionality added in, but enough to see the idea of the 2 colors:

This one matches the trim color on the house and which was our original plan, to go dark grey

BUT I have to say I'm really liking the light grey – which matches the overall house color

Thinking this could be influenced by the neighbor who just renovated, and painted their garage the same color as their house – but hey I'm liking this new direction...


No comments:

Post a Comment