|In-progress painting – we went with Ben Moore "Cinder"|
to match our other house trim
Today we started laying on the screen to test the color. We found a perfect match to our grey house color palette which was a really great option. More commonly used, though, is the darker screen which essentially is a transluscent back. We started laying on the grey colored screen but there was some disagreement on whether it was too light – so we went back out and got a sample of the darker one as well to try and come to a decision.
|Here's a longer shot of the screen halfway up. You can pretty|
easily tell the panels that have screen on them.
|Here's the second color screen test going up. It is showing up pretty |
transparent in this photo but in reality has more of a black tint.
We also had lighting and a fan installed by the team that re-wired the house. We went with can lighting, the 4" cans, and installed six of them around the perimeter of the room.
The fan choice took quite some time to settle on - this was our second fan to go up - the first one was quite lovely in look, but didn't really push the air around like it should have. The current fan has a large span, 60", and is by Emerson.
|The new can lighting and fan. The ceiling tiles were original to the house, and painted.|