Sunday, July 14, 2013

Room for Living

Hope everyone is having a good summer so far!

We finally have a living room that looks like, well, looks like someone lives here, so I thought I'd post updates...It's quite lovely to walk through a room and actually have furniture in it, albeit minimal furniture!

Living Room - Current Status

Those chairs you see in the background (Dining Room) are the Saarinen Executive Armchairs that I found on One Kings Lane several months back. It took a while to figure out what to recover them in, and thanks to everyone who cast their vote:

Before: Vintage mid-century banana yellow vinyl !!

After: Grey soft leather circa 2013 :)

For an early birthday present, Mike got me some accessories I wanted. They are from a Czech company called Sklo who handblows glass into sculptural objects – each piece is different. Here are a few I love:









I ended up with one of their Glass Knots in white, which went in the Dining Room


And the Tilt Vase in champagne, which is on the temporary end table
beside the couch in the Living Room


Speaking of temporary end tables...we are considering the following for a more permanent solution:

Helix table, DWR
Eames Side Table with Walnut Top
Rubix Table – with Various Tops

Platner Side Table

Decisions to happen sometime soon(ish)...

The last thing I'm really excited about was a surprise score from the Floor Sample Sale happening right now at DWR: A Wishbone Chair from Hans Wegner – for our office. 

Wishbone Chair from Hans Wegner

Don't you love a good find?!



No comments:

Post a Comment