Monday, May 28, 2012

Love for Outdoor Living

Happy Memorial Day everyone~

Well, Landscape Saturday  (Landscape long weekend) continued at Norton Road. I will post pics of the progress later but I'm honestly a little tapped out on mulch and grass for today so instead I am posting some inspiration pics for what I hope our outdoor living space will become.

Our next 'big' steps in the yard are to screen in our screen porch and add a platform deck off the back of the house.

Here are some deck pics I love:

Nice low deck with seating area, great lighting pods
Love the built in bench seating
Our deck will be a low modern platform deck like this –
about 1-1.5' off the ground 
Fantastic lighting, again a great built-in bench
makes for an instant lounge section
Like all the grasses and succulent plantings around the deck. 
Reminds me of California.
Super minimal and beautiful.
On our deck I'm thinking of keeping it super minimal as well with some built in deck bench seating and then only:

2 lounge chairs (these from cb2)
And the most modern-fab sunshade ever!
From DesignWithinReach
We might re-think that for entertaining, but I love the idea of keeping it minimal.
.................

The adjacent screen porch would do the bulk of the entertaining work because I want to have dining for at least 6 out there. Even though this is open-air, I love the feel of this:

Ambience + atmosphere. Great lighting,  love the bench
seating on one side of the table and the cubes on the other.
I've had in my head the mix of something rustic yet Cali-cool like this
Big Sur type Parsons table, with the bench on one side....
Paired with the super contemporary looking shapes of the Vitra Panton chairs

I can't seem to find the Parsons table made for outside (using wood glue) anywhere except DWR, and theirs is too large for my screen porch space. The super clean lines from tabletop to legs are important to a Parsons style, and that's where the others I've seen are falling short. I've probably spent 15-20 hours searching tables with no luck :(

So, the second choice:

Alternate: this Inox metal table if the Parsons doesn't work out.
Kind of disco fab.

Or this table from CB2 is super well priced and seems to be solid steel
which should fare ok outside I think

This contemporary picnic  is also one of the coolest things I've seen in a while
.................

Thinking farther out past the screen porch and deck, here's the wish list: 

A modern twist on the Adirondack chair in recycled-plastic ...
...right by a great fire pit
Somehow have to incorporate the pavers we love into our yard

...more pavers...


Pavers AND firepit area – love
Nice touch on wood storage for the fire pit
And art:
Would love to work in a water feature-slash-sculpture
Saw these modern colored trellises as well (or you could paint your own) which almost
work as sculpture
Although nothing really beats the real deal, does it?
(Long-term wish list!)

Have a great week...


No comments:

Post a Comment